THE RIGHT SITE. THE RIGHT STATE.
Tennessee is deal ready
with the Memphis Regional Megasite.
The Memphis Regional Megasite (MRM) has everything needed to be the home of the next major manufacturing development in the Southeastern U.S.
A central location, massive size, solid infrastructure and a committed team of business and government leaders make this Tennessee site the future of manufacturing in the Southern Automotive Corridor.
The development of the 3,840 acre site is fully backed by the administration of Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam. Governor Haslam’s 2012 budget included an additional $25 million for infrastructure at the MRM, bringing total infrastructure investment by the state up to more than $57 million.
"We are also continuing our commitment to the West Tennessee Megasite by including $25 million in this year's budget,” Haslam told Tennesseans in his 2012 State of the State address. “This site is the only megasite still left in the state's inventory, and it is critical that we finish the infrastructure so that it can be a prime location for major employers who are looking for a great place to locate."
The MRM sits a mere 45 minutes from the Memphis International Airport and the FedEx World Headquarters - one of the single greatest pieces of transportation and logistics infrastructure in the world. CSX Rail connects the MRM to four Class I rail systems in the Memphis area.
The MRM is certified by McCallum Sweeney Consulting through the Tennessee Valley Authority’s (TVA) Megasite Certification program. It features a square core site of 1,720 acres and another 2,100-plus additional acres in adjoining properties. It is the last remaining TVA megasite in Tennessee, with two others selected for Volkswagen and Hemlock Semiconductor.
Located in Haywood County, Tenn. a population of 1.8 million is located within a 65 miles drive of the MRM. In addition, the site is within 50 miles of 10 four-year colleges, six two-year institutions and six state technology centers.
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam (right) and Economic & Community Development Commissioner Bill Hagerty have made development and funding of the Memphis Regional Megasite a top priority for the administration. In 2012, the MRM received an additional $25 million in infrastructure funding in Governor Haslam's budget.
- 1,720 acres/696 Hectares Core Megasite
- Reserved, squared-shaped, "Core Site": 1720 acres/696 hectares
- Immediately available
- Excellent topography
- All drainage begins on site
- No flood zones
- Designated "Attainment" for 8-hour Ozone Standards & PM 2.5
- Minimal wetlands
- Over 80% of the core site is unforested and cleared
- Excellent soils
- Low water tables
- No endangered species
- No archeological impediments
- Only two residential structures to relocate
- Fast rezoning process
- Adjacent to Memphis MSA
- 20 minutes East of Memphis suburbs
- 30 minutes West of McKellar-Sipes Commercial Airport, near Jackson, TN
- 35 minutes West of Jackson, TN
- 45 minutes East of Memphis International Airport & Fed Ex World Headquarters
- 45 minutes East of Downtown Memphis
- Within 50 miles of ten four-year colleges, six two-year institutions and six state technology centers